Account Planning Training & Management
- Increase top-line growth via current client expansion.
- Strengthen the client expansion skills of partners, outside of founders and senior leadership, to scale the firm’s growth engine.
- Bring structure, process, and accountability to account growth strategies.
- PIE met with senior leadership to understand their goals, current challenges, and current state process for client expansion.
- PIE led a half-day workshop focused on the following areas for a key set of top accounts:
- Setting clear goals and creating a roadmap for successful and realistic account growth through intentional relationship development.
- Mapping current state relationship statuses for every known decision-maker or influencer at key accounts.
- Defining simple, yet effective, action steps to move up the relationship ladder with each of those individuals based on known goals and priorities.
- Assigning team member(s) ownership and responsibility for each of the actions.
- Developing and implementing an accountability system for regular check-ins to ensure actions are taken and progress is measured.
- Leadership reported immediate shift in confidence and mindset of their team around account planning and client growth, expanding the rainmaking success of founders and senior leadership to additional partners across the firm.
- Each account team is equipped with a roadmap and accountability framework to drive intentional growth within their account, overlaying both service opportunities and key relationships needed to drive top-line growth.
- Each account team has a clear set of action steps to move buyers or influencers up the relationship ladder, moving closer towards being a Trusted Advisor, and proactively addressing red flags or gaps that pose risks to the firm’s portfolio.
- The firm has a clearer, tangible picture of the strengths and weaknesses of critical relationships inside each of their top priority accounts; they have an informed prioritization of actions to ensure strong relationships are held broadly across the client organization.