Business Development Audit
- Gain an objective perspective of the strengths and weaknesses of the business development function as benchmarked against peer services firms.
- Identify target areas for improvement and actions that will result in near-term sales engagement and long-term top-line growth.
- PIE interviewed ~30 partners to gain insight on current-state business development structure, process, strengths, and weaknesses.
- PIE identified strengths and improvement areas across team structure, incentive structure, role definition, and process efficiency, mapping these areas against the maturity curve of industry leaders.
- PIE presented the findings to sales leadership via engagement in a 1.5-day workshop to drive buy-in around creating solutions for future improvement.
- The team now has a firm-wide accountability system in place that has helped remove siloed activity and encourage collaboration.
- The team acted on PIE’s recommendation to underwrite a key customer community, which has resulted in 5+ new opportunities unearthed in the first 6 months.
- This team is directionally aligned around BD goals and strategy for the next 3 years.